Donner Aquatic Center
Project Background: This public pool had provided years of recreation and competition opportunities and was in dire need of renovation and expansion.
- Served as owners representative, project manager and landscape architect
- Oversaw two major renovations for the facility
- The first renovation, a $1.5 million and expansion included new gutters for the 50M competition pool, moving the slide and constructing a new plunge pool, adding a concession stand and adding a zero depth pool
- The second renovation, included adding a movable floor to the south end of the pool, the first in the Midwest, and replacing the pool liner
- Renovation allowed swim meets to once again occur at the facility and for recreation to occur the balance of the year.
- Developed the original solution to the issue and oversaw the project from beginning to end
- Oversaw the design, construction and implementation of the design
- Worked with the contractor to keep the project moving forward and stay on track to open for the 50th anniversary