Park Operations Service Center
Project Information: The original concept was to replace the existing maintenance facility with a new one at the same location. This created a controversy for two reasons: first, it was in historic and pastoral Donner Park and second, the building grew from 6,000 SF to 18,000 SF. The contentious process for this project involved working with concerned neighbors.
- Served as owners representative, project manager and landscape architect
- Oversaw a contentious process for this project.
- Original concept was to replace the existing maintenance facility with a new one at the same location.
- Worked with concerned neighbors, to identify over 80 potential new sites that were evaluated
- Identified the final spot for the facility at 11th and Jackson.
- Coordinated property acquisition, the building design and construction.
- $1.25 million project had no net change orders and currently is a state of the art maintenance facility.